The NYMA Military Leadership Program teaches students character education, student achievement, wellness, leadership, and diversity. Its purpose is to produce successful students and citizens, while fostering a more constructive and disciplined learning environment. The goals of the Military Leadership Program are to teach students to:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as they lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce
- Engage civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society
- Graduate prepared to excel in post-secondary options and career pathways
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional, and physical health
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
Our program achieves these goals by using a world-class, technology-driven, student-centered curriculum. This curriculum consists of education in citizenship, leadership, social and communication skills, physical fitness & wellness, geography, and civics.
The curriculum is facilitated and taught by retired Army personnel. Teacher qualifications are based on military experience, maturity, stability, and leadership acquired over many years of service to our nation. Instructors teach an array of subject areas including Physical Education, Health/Wellness, Civics, etc.
The NYMA Military Leadership Program makes a substantial difference in the lives of our students and our community. It is the foundation that helps set our cadets apart for excellence.