A Message from Alisa Southwell, Director of Admissions:
It is an honor to write this letter on behalf of the Admissions office at New York Military Academy. I am pleased to report that we are making good progress in a number of areas, not the least of which has been to develop outreach efforts to our many alumni, and it is in the spirit of communication and keeping you informed that I write you today.
Those of you that have personally experienced the NYMA program, whether as a cadet or parent of a cadet, know its impact on your life or the life of your child. You know the doors that have opened as a result of your NYMA experience. I ask you to recall the impact of your own NYMA experience. I ask you to consider making a difference for the cadets of 2012-2013 and beyond, by passing on the knowledge of the Four Pillars of Academics, Athletics, Character, and Leadership on to a new generation.
There are many ways for parents and alumni to get involved at NYMA.
- Refer prospective cadets to NYMA.
- Join the Parent Association which is always looking for new members to help organize events and share ideas for school improvements and new projects.
- Become an active member of the Alumni Association by attending meetings, helping with events and supporting fundraising efforts.
- Send us your testimonial letters. NYMA's experience is best described by those who have experienced it.
- Become and Alumni student recruiter- Alumni who are native citizens or US citizens living outside the United States play an important role in recruiting prospective and admitting cadets in their county by providing guidance on what to expect from NYMA experience, helping cadets and their families get answers to their questions and addressing concerns about moving to and living in the United States.
The Admissions office is continually looking for prospective cadets. As alumni, you are familiar with our Academic programs and sense of community of campus. You are an excellent resource for recommending potential students. Referring students to NYMA is a way to help our admissions office year round. If you know of a student within your local area that might be interested in everything that NYMA has to offer, simply complete the alumni referral form, either online or download and mail in, and an admissions counselor will contact your prospective student.
Director of Admissions
To download the Alumni Referral Form click HERE or complete the online form below: