Our Studio Art classes have been busy with their painting projects. Everyone started with four pumpkin paintings to experiment with the materials.
1. Cadet Wen’s practice paintings demonstrate a lovely example of each type of paint.
2. Cadet Avaras tried pour-painting based on the work of Emma Lindstrom and created a surge of interest in other classes.
3. Cadet DeBree tried his own pour-painting.
4. Meanwhile, Cadet Martinez created a primary color scheme with her pour.
5. Our Painting & Drawing class warmly welcomed two designers from Italy that created a NYMA shirt which is available for purchase. The designers presented a three-day workshop on the difference between Design and Art, body proportions for fashion design, and developing fashion sketches.