14 December 2009
1. This memorandum sets forth cadet senior officer and
senior class privileges.
2. All seniors in good standing, regardless of rank, will
have the following privileges:
in civilian clothes on pass or leave. (Cadets must sign out in appropriate attire with their TACS.)*
have “Extended Taps” until 2300 during the week and until 2400 on Fridays
food during free time from Saturday 1300 through Sunday 1700. Order Out times will be as follows:
allowed to sleep in until 0730 during the week.
allowed to go back to their rooms during study halls to study.
allowed to carry and use iPods in the academic area.
- Be in
“relaxed” uniform during ESP.
from leave/furlough at 1900 hours on days when the corps is required to
return at 1730. (Note: Cadets will lose this privilege for the entire
week if they fail to turn in an assignment the next day and end up in
afternoon study hall.)
2. All senior officers in good standing will have the
following extended privileges:
- Use the CAC, Canteen, weight room, or gym during free time.
- Order food during free time from Friday 1800 through Sunday
1700. Order Out times will be as
- Be exempt from the reveille formation and allowed to sleep in
until 0730 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and until 0900 on
Saturdays. (The exception is on
weekends when Saturday morning inspections are scheduled.)
- Have extended taps until 2300 hours nightly, which includes
use of the cadet TV lounge until 2300 to watch movies or sporting events.
(Cadets may NOT be playing games on gaming systems during this time.)
- Have approved use of cell phones and iPods in the academic
area. (Note: Cell phones will not be used to send or receive phone calls
while in the academic area. The “text
messaging” mode is the only mode that will be used and may not be used during
any academic class period, assembly,
study hall, meeting, unless directed by the teacher or person in
charge. At no time will cell phones be
used in any capacity in the dining facility.)
- Be authorized to submit a pass/furlough request to the
Commandant for approval on closed weekends.
- Be allowed to return from leave/furlough at 2100 hours.
(Note: Cadets will lose this privilege for the entire week if they fail to
turn in an assignment and end up in afternoon study hall.)
3. All seniors on the honor roll and in good standing will
have the additional privilege of being exempt from ESP Thursday evenings and
authorized to submit a pass for approval from 1900-2130 to go into town or to
4. A cadet in “Good
Standing” includes the following:
cadet is not on tours.
cadet passed all his/her classes the previous semester and is currently
passing all classes during the interim.
cadet is not assigned to the “Learning Center” for missing assignments.
cadet is not restricted to campus for any reason.
cadet is not athletically ineligible for disciplinary reasons.
cadet does not have more than three unexcused absences in an interim grading
5. Any questions pertaining to the above policy may be
addressed to the Commandant of Cadets.
* Note: Authorized civilian attire for cadets on
pass/leave includes button down shirt with sports coat or jacket and Dockers
type or dress slacks. A heavy coat may
replace the sport coat during the winter months. At no time will pullover polo type shirts be worn nor will jeans
of any color be worn. Girls may wear
dresses or skirts that are approved by their female TAC.
Jeffrey E. Coverdale
Major USAR (Retired)
Commandant of Cadets