Information for International Students
Since 1954, New York Military Academy has been preparing international students to enter the college or university of their choice by providing English as a Second Language and TOEFL instruction.
Admissions Process for International Students:
- Download and complete the application for admissions and attach the $100.00 USD application fee.
- Submit the three recommendation forms.
- Submit a copy of the applicant's academic transcript translated into English.
- Submit a copy of the first page of the applicant's passport showing the number, country of birth, country of citizenship and the passport expiration date.
- Submit the applicant's TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score.
- Provide the name, address and telephone number of a guardian in the United States. This is a requirement for NYMA to issue the SEVIS I-20 form.
- Upon review of the applicant's information, NYMA will notify the applicant of any acceptance. The non-refundable $2,000 registration fee and non-refundable International fee of $2,075 must be forwarded to NYMA upon acceptance for the I-20 issuance. Please contact the admissions office by e-mail at email@example.com to obtain the wire transfer information.
- If accepted, the applicant will be issued an acceptance letter, SEVIS 1-20 form and a physical examination form and immunization record to be completed by the family physician.
Requirements Upon Admission:
- Obtain an affidavit of support from the parents/guardians bank showing sufficient funds to cover the cost of the education.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview at the nearest US Embassy to obtain a visa. The applicant must provide the SEVIS I-20 form, the affidavit of support and the academy's acceptance letter to the embassy official. The student must be able to express his or her desire to study abroad to prepare for college during the ten-month period school is in session. The applicant must also agree to return home to their family and country at the end of the school year.
- Once approved by the US Embassy, notify the admissions office of the date and time of arrival in the United States. Students are expected to arrive on campus by the designated date on the I-20.
NYMA does not provide medical insurance. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to obtain medical insurance in case of medical emergency. The following websites are for reference, not all inclusive and not endorsed by NYMA, they are for informational purposes only.