Nurturing the Intentional Learner
Successful NYMA cadets are intentional academic strivers who enter their high school years actively seeking pathways to leadership and opportunity in a wide variety of endeavors. With this in mind, our academic program has been carefully geared to engender a successful and disciplined college learner who is Inspired, Engaged, and Ready to face the challenges of the 21st Century. A rigorous classroom curriculum with a global perspective is delivered in small classes and is supplemented by vibrant experiential, interdisciplinary, and co-curricular programming that cadets can access both during and outside of the academic day.
Portrait of a Graduate
NYMA Graduates will
- Seek knowledge for the sake of intellectual curiosity and as the tool required for informed decision-making.
- Clearly express, with purpose and creativity, thoughts and ideas, utilizing various disciplines and media.
- Think and work independently while recognizing that certain activities will require collaborative interaction.
- Strive to act respectfully and responsibly with honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Engage in activities that foster and maintain an individual’s physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental health.
- Appreciate the diversity of the NYMA community and the community at large while recognizing the cultural threads that bind us together.
- Participate actively in making their communities better places through the engagement in community service and practicing the principles of good citizenship.
- Practice fairness and sportsmanship in all activities.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the arts in all its forms, and explore the arts as a means to foster imaginative and creative expression.
- Accept and embrace change as a natural progression.